Sendy is a self hosted email marketing application with which you can send trackable emails using Amazon SES ( Simple Email Service).
There are plenty of good quality email marketing services in market. Like convert kit, Mailchimp, Aweber etc. These services are good at what they do and I have used all of them over last few years.
Right now I use both Sendy based solution as well as Convert Kit. I also manage Aweber for my client.
So, what makes Sendy stand in front of so called much advanced email marketing platforms?
Sendy: Feature list
As a hosted application for email marketing, sendy offers all the usual features expected from such platform, like:
- List segmentation
- List & subscriber management
- Bounce, complaint & unsubscribe handling
- Third party integrations & Zapier
- GDPR features
- Google Analytics Integration
and much more.
These features are more than enough for Sendy to be considered as a good quality email marketing application.
The icing on the cake is that Sendy is one time purchase only.
You don’t need to pay any monthly or annual charges to use their services.
Sendy vs Mailchimp Convert Kit Aweber etc.
This is the most common query: Why do bloggers use expensive email marketing services then?
The truth is additional features present in these email marketing platforms. All these companies, provide features like:
- Drag and drop Visual editor vs simple visual editor of Sendy.
- Easy to use triggers and event flow to segment lists.
- Flat charges based on number of subscribers. Which means if you send mails every other day, to limited number of subscribers, then these services are cheaper.