We time and again recommend Siteground as our preferred hosting solution). With latest version of SG Optimizer, with all the required features from a caching plugin in one place, it has just bumped itself to the very top of our list.
This latest version of SG optimiser is version 5.0.4, released on 4th December 2018. If you are already on Siteground hosting, please update your plugin to latest version.
If not, then read the following guides:
- How to set up WordPress Hosting on Siteground – 3 step guide for beginners
- How to migrate your site to Siteground – 3 step process with Siteground plugin.
- Must have plugins for a WordPress website
SG Optimizer: One point caching solution from Siteground
There is one issue with this approach. The backend server is managed by your hosting solution and caching plugin can work with WordPress files & limited frontend settings only.
- Get 21 Expert Tips to an Ultra-Fast WordPress Site ( Bonus: our WordPress settings checklist) – Siteground Ebook
In case of hosting solution providing caching and speed solution, this issue is resolved. In such scenario, the backend of your server as well as caching solution works in collaboration with each other. This leads to faster performance for your website.
SG Optimiser is one such solution. And that too from non-premium WordPress hosting company.
Features of SG Optimiser
Here is the list of all the features now covered by SG Optimiser.
- Image Compression
- Gzip enable
- https force
- Lazy Load images
- Query strings from static sources
- Browser Caching
- Dynamic Caching
Here are the screenshots of the plugin with all the required setting enabled on tinkoor.com.
As you can see that there is nothing you need to think about. It is all install, switch on the options & that’s it.
Memcached & Dynamic cache option in cPanel
For the cache to function properly, you need to enable dynamic cache and memcache option from cPanel of your hosting account.
To enable these options, click on SuperCacher on cPanel:
Once clicked, you will reach the SuperCacher config section, with three tabs, each for each level of caching.
- Level 2 (Dynamic cache): Dynamic caching is the second layer of site performance improvement. It creates copies of your website’s dynamic content and stores them in the server RAM. This level onwards require SG Optimizer to be installed on your site.
- Level 3 ( Memcached): The last level of optimisation from server side. The Memcached technology speeds up database calls, API calls and page rendering by storing data and objects in memory to reduce the number of times a database is queried.
How to speed up your website further
There is only so much that your hosting and cache plugin can do for speeding up your site. It also depends a lot on your theme that you installed and other optimisations to speed up your website.
With mobile first indexing and other page loading factors being important ranking factors, it makes sense to focus on speed of your website, right from the beginning.
Read: 5 Superfast loading themes you should use on your WordPress website